Les Vignerons du Luc

Meet

Lionel Asin

President

Rosé is amplified at Les Vignerons du Luc

Les Vignerons du Luc winery is celebrating its 110th anniversary in 2021, making it one of the oldest wineries. Its terroir is vast, spanning 380 hectares of grapevines, including 40+ classified as Côtes de Provence Notre-Dame des Anges.

It’s truly a wine-maker’s wine!

The DGC is a source of pride for President Lionel Asin and the cooperative’s 50 members: “this recognition of quality, expertise, typicity and complexity accentuated by the great diversity in our soil. This designation puts what we already knew into words, and it’s important for us to share this originality and get our name on the map.

Lionel Asin also appreciates that the challenge was met as a group, between “united wine-makers with a real team spirit, which allowed us to see this lengthy project through to the end. We are all imbued with the Côtes de Provence identity and want to further open the market in a qualitative way.

The 40 hectares of Notre-Dame des Anges vines are located by the Plaine des Maures boundary of its total area, with soil primarily made of sandstone and sand, where the grapes used in Baleti Manifi are produced. In a subtle balance of Grenache (around 60%) and Cinsault (the remaining 40% or so), that wine is a “delicate, elegant rosé with a bouquet of white fruit and a generous mouthfeel in which viscosity, citrus and other fruit intermingle, creating a delightful aromatic power across the board. All of this may of course vary slightly depending on the year, the harvest, the climate, and so on. There is always a degree of uncertainty, discovery and evolution, which is what makes our wines so charming, but also demands a great command of the whole process. It’s truly a wine-maker’s wine!

A bottle from a producer encapsulates an encounter with their passion and expertise. All of this exists in our products, including in this Notre-Dame des Anges rosé”, claims Lionel Asin.

Featured wine from Côtes de Provence Notre-Dame des Anges

Les Vignerons du Luc

BALETI MANIFI - Rosé

  • Vintage: 2020
  • Winery retail price: 14 € TTC
  • Varietals: Cinsault 70%, Grenache 30 %
  • Label: Integrated agriculture
  • Colour: Pale salmon pink
  • Nose: A subtle blend of exotic fruits like mangoes and more
  • Mouthfeel: Generous, with exotic and yellow fruit
  • Serving temperature: 12°C
  • Cellaring: 2 years
  • Food pairings: World cuisine, apple upside-down cake, pear charlotte, rum baba, etc.

Tasting notes:

Elegant and delicate with a pale salmon colour. A silky attack leading into a generous mouthfeel full of yellow fruit. A wine that’s all about finesse.